Why should I go to the dentist for head pain?
Ongoing headaches/migraines could be caused by imbalances in your mouth, affecting the muscles in those areas, which then leads to changes in the chemical and nerve reactions that result in chronic pain. Our dentist can offer clinically proven devices that are used to assess, evaluate, treat, and alleviate head pain.
What is TruDenta®?
- TruDenta is a drug-free, needle-free, and pain-free system that offers long-lasting relief from head pain
- It consists of amazing, therapeutic treatments that are customized to address the individual patient’s symptoms, and can include the use of ultrasound, low-level cold laser, microcurrent, and trigger point manipulation.
What should I expect during a TruDenta exam?
- A computerized measurement of the force and range of motion balance in your mouth on a tooth-by-tooth basis
- A muscle exam, focusing on latent muscular trigger points
- A detailed look at your symptoms and headache history
What is the purpose of the TruDenta questionnaire?
- The head health history form allows you to detail your dental history and describe all of your pain concerns and symptoms to your dentist.
- The more our dentist knows about you and your history of dental, head, and neck issues, the more likely he can help treat your chronic head pain symptoms.
What is the TruDenta treatment system?
- The in-office treatment will consist of a custom program of pain-free cold laser therapy, electrical stimulation, muscle manipulation, and ultrasound therapy
- For the at-home continuing care program, patients will perform special exercise and an orthotic will be worn for a short period of time to provide control over pain relief.
If you have any additional questions about receiving TruDenta in Foley, Alabama, please contact the office of Dayton Hart DMD at 251-943-2471 and a friendly member of our team will be happy to help!