If you have a tooth that has been affected by infection, oral trauma, or a dental injury, our dentist may repair the tooth and restore its function with a dental crown. Dental crowns can last for several years if they are treated with proper care as you would a real tooth that needs to be kept in good health.
Dayton Hart DMD provides a variety of quality materials for dental crowns, including porcelain, porcelain fused with metal, or gold. We design each crown to meet specific needs and provide custom fit to provide the protection, strength and appearance. A discolored or unflattering tooth can also receive a dental crown to enhance its look.
Your dental crown should receive the following care in order to prevent damages and keep the material bright:
– Avoid chewing on ice or hard candy.
– Don’t use your teeth as scissors to tear open packages.
– Break any habits of chewing on fingernails.
– If you have bruxism that causes you to grind and clench your teeth, seek dental treatment.
– Twice a day, thoroughly brush your teeth to prevent gum disease and cavities.
– Daily, floss around the dental crown, especially where it meets the gums, with dental floss or another interdental cleaner.
– Visit the dentist regularly to remove any tartar from around the crown.
Contact us at 251-943-2471 today if you would like to speak with Dr. Dayton Hart about your options for dental crowns in Foley, Alabama.